To highlight the Belgian games of the Special Olympics taking place in Mechelen in May, the MCL division will be activating the special event station OS23SOM throughout May '23. The number "23" represents the year, the suffix is the abbreviation for "Special Olympics Mechelen."
Different operators will activate the station in various modes and bands. A commemorative certificate in three classes was also created for the occasion.
The awards will be available in three classes:
- Bronze for working the station in 3 different band/mode slots;
- Silver for working the station in 5 different band/mode slots;
- Gold for working the station in 7 different band/mode slots
Whereas RTTY, PSK31, FT4, PSK63, FT8, ... will be considered as a single digimode for these awards.
The awards will be offered for free via hamlog.online
- Bureau QSLs are available exclusively through Clublog OQRS. The MCL section urges you not to send your own QSL card through bureau. If you desire a card, please use the Clublog system before the end of the year 2023.
- eQSLs will be available early June.
- Other confirmation methods will not be provided.
Info for SWLs:
- SWLs may request their paper QSL by sending an e-mail. QSLs will then be sent via the bureau.
- SWLs may apply for the award. However, note that only the gold class is available for SWLs, i.e. OS23SOM has to be monitored in seven different band/mode slots. A detailed list of these seven reception reports, including the stations worked by OS23SOM is required. SWL applications will be processed after June 1st '23.