Rules of the ON Contest
ON Contest 2013
1 - Contestperiods
|6 meters Phone/CW||22/09/2013 from 07:00 UTC to 10:00 UTC. Change of time!|
|80 meters SSB||6/10/2013 from 06:00 UTC to 10:00 UTC.|
|80 meters CW||13/10/2013 from 06:00 UTC to 09:00 UTC. Change of time!|
|2 meters Phone/CW||20/10/2013 from 06:00 UTC to 10:00 UTC.|
2 - Categories
- a ON stations.
- a2 ON stations QRP.
- b ONL (Belgium SWL's member of the UBA).
- c UBA sections.
- d Foreign stations.
- e Foreign SWL.
For foreign stations, only QSOs with Belgian stations are valid.
3 - BandsUse the IARU contest preferred bandsegments:
- 80m CW: 3510 to 3560 KHz.
- 80m SSB: 3600 to 3650 and from 3700 to 3775 KHz.
4 - Contest call and exchangeCQ ON Contest
- Stations in Belgium: RS(T) + QSO-number from 001 + UBA Section (stations not member of the UBA will give XXX)
- Stations outside Belgium: RS(T) + QSO-number from 001
5 - Points3 points for each QSO. For ONL/SWL 3 points for every ON station heard.
6 - Multipliers1 multiplier for each UBA Section (XXX is also a multiplier).
7 - Final ResultThe number of QSO points multiplied with the number of multipliers.
8 - LogsSend your log in cabrillo format.
Logs in another format must have a summary sheet and one or more logpages.
Logsheets on an A4 format paper will have 40 QSO's per page and will mention following items:
- Date, UTC, Band, call, report send, report received (RST + QSO number + UBA section), multiplier and points.
- Date, UTC, Band, call station heard, report send (RST + QSO number + UBA section), call station worked, multiplier and points. (voor ONL/SWL).
- Contestname, contestdate.
- Name and first name, callsign, complete address, UBA section.
- Number of QSO's, points and multipliers and the calculated score.
- Statement: "I declare that all the contest rules and all the rules and regulations for amateur radio operation in my country have been observed and adhered to. I accept all the decisions of the contest committee".
- Signature and date.
Following programs support this contest:
SD from EI5DI. Download here the updated list of the UBA Sections for SD. (Click right and save as)
N1MM (freeware). Download here the updated list of the UBA Sections for N1MM. (Click right and save as)
9 - Deadline and address
- via email: ubaon [at] uba [dot] be (subject: Log%20ON%20Contest%20from) (ubaon[at]uba[dot]be).
- at the address: Welters Leon ON5WL, Borgstraat 80, 2580 Beerzel, Belgium.
On VHF, the ONL/SWL does not have to mention the station worked.
11 - Certificates
- The winners of each category will receive an award if they have at least 25 valid QSO's in their log.
- A plaque will be awarded to the section obtain the highest score in the 4 combined contestparts.
12 - Penalties and disqualification
- For paper logs: each double non marked QSO will be penalised with 5 times the value of the QSO before the final score is calculated.
- QSO's which do not appear in the log of the other station count for 0 points, but no additional penalty will be applied.
- Logs on paper with more than 3% double not marked QSO's will be disqualified.
- For cheating, imaginary logging and clear, repetitive and intentional violation of the contest rules.
- For continuous or repetitive violation or total negation of the IARU band plan.
13 - Remarks
- In view of the short duration of the contest there is no distinction between single- or multioperator stations. Both are allowed and will be placed in the same category.
- A maximum of 10 QSO's with members of your own section will be taken in account for points. You may work more stations of your own section but they will count for 0 points.
- Stations using a special event call will be placed outside competition and are not eligible for an award.
The contest committee: ON5WL
|AAA||Antwerpse Actieve Amateurs||HOB||Heist-op-den-Berg||RAM||Radio-Amateurs Mouscronnois|
|ACC||Antwerpse Contest Club||HRT||Herentals||RAT||Radio Amateur Team|
|ARC||Amateur Radio Club of Brussels||IPR||Ieper||RBO||Eupen|
|AST||Aalst||KSD||Koksijde||RCA||Radio Club des Ardennes|
|ATH||Radio Club de Ath||KTK||Kortrijk||RCB||Radio Club de Bruxelles|
|ATO||Tienen||LGE||Liège||RCN||Radio Club Noord|
|BDX||Brussels DX team||LIR||Lier||REM||Radioamateurs Erpe-Mere|
|BLW||Brussel West||LLV||La Louvière||RFA||Radioclub Famenne-Ardennes|
|BRC||Bell Radio Club||LUS||Luxembourg Sud||RST||Sint-Truiden|
|BXE||Bruxelles Est||MLB||Midden Limburg||SNW||Sint-Niklaas|
|CDZ||Ciney Beauraing Rochefort||MNS||Mons||THN||Thuin|
|CLR||Charleroi||MTT||Mol-Turnhout||TLS||Tussen Leie en Schelde|
|CPN||Charleroi Pays Noir||MWV||Midden West-Vlaanderen||TOR||Tournai|
|CRD||Club Radioamateur de Durnal||NBT||Noord Brabant||TRA||Torhoutse Radio Amateurs|
|DNZ||Deinze||NLB||Noord Limburg||TRC||Trudo Radioamateurs Club|
|DRC||Dendermonde||NMR||Namur||TRK||Tieltse Radioamateur Klub|
|DST||Diest||NNV||Ninove||TWS||Together We’re Strong|
|ERA||Radioamateurs Eeklo||NOL||Noord-Oost Limburg||WLD||Waasland|
|GBN||Geraardsbergen||ODE||Oudenaarde||WRC||West-vlaamse Radio Club|
|GBX||Gembloux||ONZ||Oosthoek||WTN||Radio Club Wetteren|
|GDV||Gang De Verviers||ORA||Opwijkse Radio Amateurs||WTO||Waterloo|
|GNT||Gent||OSA||Antwerpen||XXX||Not member of UBA|
|GTM||Grensloze TransMissie||OSB||Brugge||ZLB||Zuid Limburg|
|HCC||Haaglandse Contest Club||RAC||Radio Amateurs Club||ZTM||Zottegem|