Rules of the Spring Contest
UBA Spring Contest 2015
1. Contest dates / Contest parts
- HF-80m CW: 8 March 2015 (07.00 -11.00 hour UTC).
- VHF-2m Phone/CW: 15 March 2015 (07.00 -11.00 hour UTC).
- HF-80m Phone: 22 March 2015 (07.00 -11.00 hour UTC).
- VHF-6m Phone/CW: 4 April 2015 (06.00 -10.00 hour UTC).
Attention: only UTC time in the log is valid.
2. Contest callCQ UBA contest.
3. Points3 points for each contact.
Only “point to point” contacts via the air are allowed.
- Each section of the UBA (group of 3 characters), sent by the ON stations member of the UBA. Ex.: DST, OSB and LGE are 3 multipliers.
- The 3 characters group XXX, sent by ON stations NOT member of the UBA.
- The 3 characters group UBA, sent by the National station ON4UB.
- For ON stations only: all DXCC countries, except ON.
- ON Stations: Report = RS(T) + QSO serial number starting with 001 + UBA section or XXX for ON stations NOT member of the UBA. Ex: ON4DST - rprt given 59(9)001 DST - rprt received 59(9)003 MCL.
- Foreign stations: Report = RS(T) + QSO serial number starting with 001. Ex.: G3ZZZ - report given 59(9)005 - report received 59(9)019 DST.
7. Foreign stationsOnly contacts with ON stations are valid.
8. Final scoreTotal of QSO points x Total of MULTIPLIERS.
9. Classificationsa. Individual rankings for each contest
- (1) ON Stations (QRP separate).
- (2) Foreign Stations.
- (3) SWL ON Stations.
- (4) Foreign SWL Stations.
- (1) 80m band: SSB and CW.
- (2) VHF bands: 2m and 6m.
SCORE = (AxB)/C
A= Sum of the individual final scores of the section.
B= Number of logs of the section.
C= The number of members of the section (March 1, 2015).
10. QRP stations
- The winner of each classification and the QRP station with the best result in each part of the contest will receive a souvenir.
- A challenge cup is provided for the winning section of the HF and VHF contests. After three consecutive victories by the same section, this trophy becomes the property of the section.
Cabrillo header must include:
- Your name, first name and complete address.
- UBA Section (only for UBA members).
- The category in which you took part.
- Station description and used power.
Remark: Only 1 log per station will be accepted. (or with his normal call, or with his special call or as SWL).
13. DeadlineThe logs (via e-mail) must arrive at latest 2 weeks after EACH contest date at: ubaspring [at] uba [dot] be.
- Logs with more than 5% faulty QSO's will be disqualified.
- If the same person sends more than one log per contest, these logs will be disqualified.
- Absence of one or more items of information listed in paragraph 12 may result in disqualification.
15. HF bandplanningThe IARU contest segments should be respected.
- CW: 3,510 to 3,560 MHz.
- SSB: 3,600 to 3,650 MHz and 3,700 tot 3,775 MHz.
The result can't be discussed.Hope to meet you in the contest! The UBA-DST spring contest - committee ON4PJA, ON7FH, ON7KS.